The rumours are true: Tough Mudder has added a brand new event format to the Endurance Series for 2022. Whether you’ve been counting down the days or living in blissful ignorance, here are the things you’ll need to know about Tough Mudder Infinity. By the time you’re through, it won’t be a question of if you’re ready to run Infinity; it will be a question of when you’ll run your first.
This is what you need to know about Tough Mudder Infinity
- You decide how far to go: We set the clock; you set the pace. At Tough Mudder Infinity, the start line is open for 8-hours (beginning at 7:30am), with access to both Tough Mudder 5k & 15k course loops. Official finishers must complete at least 20km, but the the rest is up to you. Run, rest, take a nap…the clock is running, you decide the rest.
- Home is where the mud is: Get ready to call the Tough Mudder Village your home for the duration of Saturday. In addition to having full access to both Tough Mudder courses, athletes will be free to hang out in the village area all day, with unlimited access to a dedicated area for storing their bags and supplies. Each athlete will have a fixed amount of table top space in a designated Infinity section of the base area, so pack accordingly. We suggest some tried-and-true nutrition, plenty of hydration, sunblock, and maybe a change of socks.
- Use your brain, not just your body: This isn’t a marathon, so don’t expect to hurtle towards the finish line. Strategy is the name of the game at Tough Mudder Infinity, with multiple courses to choose from and critical cut-off times to keep in mind. Athletes aiming to eke out every kilometre, take note of these key times:
- 7:30am – Start Line Opens; First lap must be on the 15k course
- 12:30pm – All 15k course splits close; all subsequent laps will be 5k only
- 3:30pm – Start Line Closes; Athletes on an active lap have an hour to finish
- 4:30pm – Finish Line Closes & Course Cleared
- Earn your stripes: We would never dream of cooking up such a devious challenge without equally substantial rewards. Beginning at 30km, athletes become eligible for distance-based achievement awards, with a new award unlocked every 5km. At the end of your race, you’ll receive a custom medallion, designed to clip onto your finisher headband, signifying your highest achievement level.
Feel like you know Tough Mudder Infinity and what it’s all about? Well get yourself signed up and take on the challenge.