What is Tough Mudder Virtual?
Tough Mudder Virtual is a new addition to the Tough Mudder UAE event series. This is a 10-day challenge that can be done anywhere – at home, in the gym, in the park, even at work with your colleagues.
You can enter for free, or upgrade to a VIP ticket which will get you a cool finisher t-shirt and Tough Mudder face mask to match, a unique discount code for upcoming Tough Mudder events, as well as goodies from our sponsors.
Each day will present you with three challenges; a run, a workout, and a ‘mental’ challenge. Details of the daily challenges are a closely guarded secret, so you’ll have no idea what the length of the run is, what the workout involves, or what mental challenge awaits you until you’ve completed all tasks from the previous day. You have to complete all three in order to unlock the next day of challenges.
How do I view the Tough Mudder Virtual challenges?
Your progress will be tracked in the Steppi app which connects to your smartwatch, wearable or mobile phone (Apple Health/Google Fit). Steppi is also compatible with Garmin, Fitbit and Apple Watch.
Once registration has closed on 18 August, all participants will receive an email from email@example.com with instructions on how to download Steppi and join the Tough Mudder Virtual challenge.
Included in your registration is a complimentary 10-day membership at Gym Nation, valid during the challenge (20 to 29 August) and a discount voucher you can redeem against your next Tough Mudder event. To claim your free 10-day membership, just show your registration confirmation at any Gym Nation facility.
What are the prizes?
To keep you motivated, every day throughout the challenge, there are chances to win some fantastic prizes from our partners, such as:
- 2x hotel stay vouchers (2 nights at Jannah Hotel Mina Al Arab), 4x Jebel Jais Flight vouchers, 4x Jais sky tours vouchers – courtesy Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority
- 10x tickets to future Tough Mudder events – courtesy JEEP
- 20x Tough Mudder T-shirts and tickets to future Tough Mudder events – courtesy Mai Dubai
- 20kg dumbbell Set (10kgs x2), 1 Set of resistance band (5 pieces), and a voucher of 15% on certain items to be given to a friend – courtesy 1Fit
- 20x bags including a towel, a 250 ml Coconut Firming lotion, a Coconut Firming sheet, and a 60g Coconut Protein pack – courtesy Palmer’s Middle East
- 10 Blitz HIIT 3x class packages – courtesy Gym Nation
- 4x AED 250 worth of food vouchers redeemable at fueluplife.com on meal prep products – courtesy FuelUp by Kcal
- 10x MuscleTech hampers, discount codes and samples – courtesy MuscleTech10x Tough Mudder tickets – Unigraf
Our sponsor MuscleTech will also be doing live online workouts on Day 3 (August 22). Do tune in as MuscleTech is giving away two bundles during each WOD and Q&A live stream session. The timings of the sessions are as follows:
6:30 am – WOD with Diago Haddadi (@diago_haddadi)
10 am – Q&A: Mobility with Lisa Marie Doe (@lmfit.dxb)
1 pm – Q&A: Nutrition with Ben Durner (@ben_corpfit)
4 pm – Q&A: Endurance with Abdellatif Adwan (@abdadwan)
7 pm – WOD with Andrei Andrei (@andrewandrei)
The Q&A live sessions will happen over on the @muscletech_arabia Instagram page.
How to Train for a Tough Mudder 5K
Whether you’re ready to take on Tough Mudder 5K, or you just want to get up, get out and move more training to run 5K can be an achievable goal for almost everyone.
But if you’ve not run much before, or you’ve taken a break from exercise it can be hard to know how to train for a 5K run.
Luckily, we’ve teamed up with the experts at Gold’s Gym who will whip you in to shape in no time with specialised Tough Mudder Training sessions held for 4-6 weeks prior to any Tough Mudder UAE event in 2019.
Read the rest of this entry »
How to Get Killer Abs for Tough Mudder
These quick and easy ab burner workouts require nothing more than some space and a bit of determination. Do them in the park, do them in front of the telly – it’s up to you.
Depending on your ability increase the rounds or duration, you’ll know you’ve hit the sweet spot when that burn kicks in.
Read the rest of this entry »